This is my second month of writing a blog post about monthly goals in order to motivate me. At the end of this post I will analyse last months goals and whether I achieved them or not, so stick around!
My goals for this month are:
- I would love to be five months clean from self harm. For me, posting about my mental health struggles not only brings awareness to mental health but also motivates me and maintains my determination during my recovery. Nearly half a year free from self harm (when in the past I couldn’t go 2 days without self harm) would be the best feeling.
- Say yes to more things! There has been so many occasions where I have turned down days out or meet ups with friends due to stress or anxiety. I am at my happiest when I am around friends, family and ofcourse Cam. I have been working for a new company for 2 months and they have invited for out for a meal in June. This time last year I would’ve never agreed to it because of my anxiety telling me not to, so I hope I go out and have a lovely time!
- Look after my skin more – Beauty is a big thing in my life and doing my makeup each day is one of my favourite parts of the day. But even though I put so much effort into my face looking good I am starting to neglect my body. I have so many scrubs, moisturisers, etc stored away and this month I want to start pampering my skin too.
- Drink less fizzy drinks. Whilst working in town I am local to so many shops and I always seem to opt for a fizzy drink as a caffeine boost to get me through my shift. But they are so bad for you. I need to swap a fizzy drink for something heathier! What would a goal blog-post be without including some form of cliche goal haha.
- Improve my photography. This is my last goal and one that will help my blog significantly. I have just purchased a new camera so hopefully in the month of June I can play around with it and maybe even write a review if that is something you’re interested in!
In my last goal blog post I listed 5 goals and I completed some, and others not so much! But I don’t want to beat myself up too much haha. My main goal was to be four months clean from self harm and I am so proud to say that I am self harm free! I have mentioned my mental health illnesses in previous posts so I won’t go into it too much on this one, but self harm has been a destructive addiction for so many years but this is the longest I have every gone without relapsing.
My next goal was practising my driving, this is the goal I am not 100% sure on whether I have reached my goal of improving. I have been out in my car probably 3 times this month so there is some improvement but I put way too much pressure on myself haha 😦 Maybe next month!
Thirdly, I wanted to spend less time on my phone and I have achieved that, on my lunch breaks at work or if I want to go on a walk I leave my phone in my bag and stay in the present moment and I feel much happier for it!
Heres for the stereotypical goal I set myself yet failed at! Eating more fruit or veg. I love carbs way too much.
Lastly, I wanted to post more on my blog and I believe I have achieved this. I have discovered and interacted with more people and planned posts in advance.
Thank you for reading, I hope May has treated you all well!
Chloe x x