Disclaimer: This is not me throwing shade at any brands, it is just my honest opinion.
This month I thought I would change up the typical favourites blogposts by writing about the products I am obsessed with and others not so much!
Holy Grail products:
- MaxFactor Skin Luminizer Foundation – For so many years I have wasted money on shitty foundations to try and find the perfect one so I am so happy I have finally found the perfect one! I buy this foundation every single time I run out and I love it! It only retails for £11.99 so it is very affordable and the finish is beautiful.
- Mac ‘Velvet Teddy’ – If you are passionate about makeup or follow all the makeup bloggers then this shade of lipstick won’t be new to you. This matte lipstick is long lasting as well as perfect with every skin tone. This retails for £16.00 so it is fairly pricey compared to other lipsticks I normally buy.
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade ‘Fair’ – This is amazing whether you are covering blemishes or brightening dark under eyes. On the internet, quite a lot of makeup bloggers frown upon drugstore makeup brands compared to high-end, but if you haven’t checked this product out you must!
- Rimmel nail varnish in the shade ‘peachella’ – This is the perfect summer shade and suits every skin tone and the lasting power is amazing considering the inexpensive price. Plus the name is super cute and makes me think of Coachella haha!
- Nyx Matte Setting spray– I am quite new to the setting spray bandwagon, I thought it was just a gimmick and a way of companies making more money. But now I have spent two months using it every day I am in love! It makes your makeup last all day without separating. I live in the UK and we have only just had Nyx products introduced to the local drugstores and it is such an affordable and reliable brand. There are two types of setting sprays (matte/dewy) to suit your skin type best and only retails at £7!
- Revolution Concealer – For my UK friends that shop in Superdrug you will probably know of this brand. It is super affordable and their makeup is usually amazing for the price! I have their contour and blush palette and I love it. But their concealer is a big no go. The consistency is horrendous, it doesn’t blend and the colour is so yellow toned.
- Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer– This is a product so many people love, but for me I can’t stand it, there are only three shades to chose from and I bought the lightest. However, even the lightest shade is just as dark as my foundation and does nothing for brightening my under eye. As well as the colour, the formula is so bad and doesn’t blend well with foundation, it just smudges the product that’s underneath it.
- Clinique eyeshadow palettes– Clinique is such a large company and also a high end brand, they are primarily known as a skin care brand but I expected their makeup range to be just as amazing. But no, I have used so many different shadows, drugstores especially that are extremely better and more pigmented.
- Nyx Eyebrow gel – I love nyx products so I had high expectations for this product but I was so surprised with the formula when I started using this. Like most gels they dry after a minute or two, but this gel dried straight away and left my brows looking super clumpy and thick in texture. I do not recommend this product at all.
- Essie nail varnishes – This may be a shock to some as Essie is considered a very popular and successful brand when it comes to nail varnish. Especially with the price point retailing at £8 per bottle. I expected this nail varnish to have a longevity but I was so surprised to see it chipped not even after a day.
That’s my beauty faves for this month and I hope you enjoyed the different style. Another favourite I want to mention is one of my closest friends blog. He is new to blogging and blogs all about football and other lifestyle posts. I hope you all show him some love 🙂
Thank you for reading.